No one injured in fire at S.E. Roanoke home

Comments: 0

Tuesday, March 15, 2005
No one injured in fire at S.E. Roanoke home
The Roanoke Times
e-mail this story
Three people were displaced after a fire started in a Southeast Roanoke home.
The Roanoke Fire-EMS Department responded to a fire in the 1600 block of Seventh Street Southeast at 10:09 p.m., Battalion Chief J.W. Beckner said. Flames were coming from the roof when firefighters arrived. Resident George Adams, 50, said that he and his ex-wife Diane Adams, 49, were getting ready for bed at the time of the fire. Dewayne Adams, 19, came home and noticed flames in the attic.
At least one cat was also in the home at the time of the fire, Beckner said.
The fire was contained to the attic, which sustained smoke and water damage, Beckner said. The first and second floors of the home are likely damaged by water as well, he said.
No one was injured, Beckner said. A damage estimate was not yet available.
-Hattie Brown

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!