Roanoke couple hurt in house fire

Comments: 0

Monday, March 14, 2005
Roanoke couple hurt in house fire
The Roanoke Times
e-mail this story
A Northwest Roanoke couple were injured when the bathroom of their two-story home caught fire Sunday morning.
Roanoke and Roanoke County Fire and EMS departments responded to a call that smoke and fire were coming from the home in the 1100 block of Summit Lane about 3 a.m., said Jennifer Faulkner, the Roanoke Fire and EMS public information officer. A man and a woman who own the home, whom Faulkner did not identify, were able to get out of the home before fire and rescue personnel arrived on the scene. The couple were taken to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital and treated for lacerations and burns, Faulkner said.
Their conditions were not available Sunday afternoon, but Faulkner said their injuries were not serious.
The fire started in a first-floor bathroom and damaged part of the second floor. The damage was estimated to cost $50,000.
Faulkner said the fire is being investigated as an accident.
-Jay Conley

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!