Fire at 1429 Loudon Ave.

Comments: 0

Roanoke, VA – The Roanoke Fire-EMS Department responded to an alarmfor a structure fire on June 5, 2005 at 1429 Louden Avenue.The call was received through the 9-1-1 Center at approximately 10:11a.m., and was under control by 10:22 a.m.The response of three engines,one ladder truck, one medic unit, oneEMS Captain, one Battalion Chief,and one investigative unit wereinvolved in the fire.
The cause was unattended cooking materials on a stove.Four people were at home at the time of the fire. There were noworking smoke detectors in the apartment, although there was anon-functional smoke detector present. Before leaving the scene Fire-EMS personnel installed a new smoke detector in the apartment.
There were no injuries to citizens or departmentpersonnel.The fire originated in a basement apartment in theresidence and was contained to the kitchen. Property loss wasdetermined to be approximately $2,500.

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!