Fire at 2309 Ranch Road

Comments: 0

The Roanoke Fire-EMS Department responded to an alarm for a structure fire on July 28, 2005 at 2309 Ranch Rd.
The call was received through the 9-1-1 Center at approximately 9:38 p.m., and was quickly under control.The response of three Engines, one Ladder truck, two Medic units, one EMS Captain and one Battalion Chief were involved in the fire.
This is a residential townhouse structure. Upon arrival units saw smoke and flames coming through the roof of the townhouse. They made an agressive attack and extinguished the fire rapidly.
There was 1 person at home at the time of the fire and they escaped safely. There were also 2 other people at home in the adjacent townhouse. They also escaped safely. There were no injuries to citizens or Fire-EMS personnel.
Damage estimates were approximately $25,000-$30,000.
The cause was a short or electrical malfunction in an exhaust fan in the upstairs bathroom.

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!