Fire at 4642 Nelms Lane

Comments: 0

The Roanoke Fire-EMS Department responded to an alarm for a residential structure fire on August 18, 2005 at 4642 Nelms Lane.
The call was received through the 9-1-1 Center at approximately 9:22 a.m., and was quickly under control. The response of two Engines, one Ladder truck, one Medic unit, one EMS Captain and one Battalion Chief were involved in the fire. The fire was under control at 9:31 a.m.
Upon arrival units saw light smoke coming from the structure. The occupant of the home was standing in the side yard and directed them to the kitchen. Upon investigation, fire crews found smoke throughout the first floor and the fire already extinguished. Fire crews then proceeded to ventilate the home. The fire was contained to the kitchen. Estimated cause of the fire was unattended food on the stove.
A smoke alarm alerted the occupant and she was able to escape the home with only minor burns to her hands. She was burned during her efforts to extinguish the fire. There were no injuries to Fire-EMS personnel.
Damage estimate is approximately $4,500.

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!