Fire At Texas Steakhouse

Comments: 0

The Roanoke Fire-EMS Department responded to a commercial fire on September 6, 2005 at 5025 Valley View Blvd, Texas Steakhouse.
The call was received through the 9-1-1 Center at approximately 2:51 p.m. and was quickly under control. The response of four Engines, two Ladder trucks, two Medic units, one Battalion Chief, one Administrative Chief and one Education Information Specialist for a total of 27 personnel were involved in the fire. The fire was under control at approximately 3:08 p.m.
Upon arrival units saw smoke coming from the roof. Fire crews quickly extinguished the fire. The structure was occupied at the time of the fire by twelve people. All occupants escaped the building unharmed. There were no injuries to Fire-EMS personnel.
The cause of the fire was a worker on the roof soldering some copper while doing air conditioning work. The soldering ignited some grease and insulation. The fire started on the roof and was contained to the roof. The restaurant received some water damage. Damage estimates are still being determined.
The following was an account by a firefighter on Engine 10.
“The fire started in the HVAC on side 2 from a HVAC maintenance worker that was soldering a connection and the insulation caught fire. The fire spread into the roof line and through the drop ceiling. We deployed 2 — 1 3/4″ handlines 1 to the roof and 1 interior. We estimate 30,000 total damage 25000 structure and 5000 contents. There were 20 or so occupants. No injuries. On scene was E10, E2, E9, E13, L13, L2, BC2, BC4, ST1, M10, M9, M6, Chief 3, PIO, and Prev 1.

We were on scene about 1 1/2 hours and flowed around 5-700 gallons. We mopped up and helped clean a little. Fire took about 20-25 minutes to completely extinguish.”

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!