AFLAC info for Local 1132 members
Attention All IAFF Local 1132 Members:
AFLAC Signup March 26th and 27th at the Credit Union
Your Union Officers have been working diligently to remedy the situation left by Roanoke City’s decision to discontinue allowing AFLAC to directly draft from payroll.
Due to this issue, Local 1132 has decided to create its own group account with AFLAC. The group will be administered by the Local. This will also enable Local 1132 to decide what programs/products will be offered to its members.
The immediate need is to get all Local 1132 members switched over to the new group from Roanoke City’s group. The Local has been working with the Roanoke Virginia Firemen Federal Credit Union to create an easy transition to the new group as well as set you up with direct deposit from your payroll into your Credit Union Account then having AFLAC draft from each individual account.
The process only takes about 5 minutes. You need to fill out a form for AFLAC followed by a new payroll deduction form for the RVFFCU.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Rhett Fleitz #######.
Here are some answers to common questions so far:
· You will direct deposit into your Credit Union account biweekly. AFLAC will draft from it once a month.
· There will be an extra half payment put in your RVFFCU account twice a year – AFLAC will not draft this amount.
· You may sign up on March 26th or 27th.
· If you cannot make these dates, contact Rhett Fleitz.
· If you have not had the chance to get AFLAC since being hired or would like to add/drop your coverage you will be able to do so in the following months. Please bear with your Union Officers while we get everything set up.
· We would like to get everyone set up by April 1st. Please plan on coming by the Credit Union on the 26th or 27th.
Roanoke Fire Fighters Association IAFF Local 1132