Fire at 2618 Portland

Comments: 0

The Roanoke Fire-EMS Department responded to an alarm for a structure fire on July 20, 2005 at 2618 Portland.

The call was received through the 9-1-1 Center at approximately 2:35 p.m. and was quickly under control at 3:00 p.m. The response of three Engines, one Ladder truck, two Medic units, one EMS Captain, one Investigative unit, two Battalion Chiefs and two Administrative Chiefs were involved in the fire.
This is a residential structure. Upon arrival units saw heavy flames and smoke coming from a front bedroom window. The fire was quickly extinguished. The cause was a youngster dropping a lit candle into clothes. The fire was accidental. Damage was confined to the bedroom and the attic with estimates of approximately $75,000.
There were five people in the house when the fire started. All five escaped unharmed. There were no injuries to civilians or Fire-EMS Personnel.

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!